As of this morning, Spanning Backup has backed up more than 1,000,000,000 calendar events, contacts, and docs for Google Apps users. That’s a billion fewer things our users have to worry about.
But what about people who don’t yet back up their Google Apps data? The questions they most often ask are, “Do I really need to back up my Google Apps data? Doesn’t Google do that?” The answers are, “Yes you do, and no they don’t.”
Google has great disaster recovery capabilities, but it’s important to recognize that they’re designed to recover from disasters affecting Google, not those affecting you. If there’s a fire in a Google datacenter you’ll likely never even notice. But if someone in your office deletes a shared calendar, a sync corrupts your contacts, or you accidentally delete a document—or a whole collection of documents—there’s no way to get that data back, unless you’ve been backing it up.
Sound unlikely? Here are just a few posts from the Google Help Forums. Click here for over 500 more.
- I logged into my Google Docs account today and ALL of my documents are gone! Need help ASAP!
- Critical calendar disappeared!!! Please help!!!
- My contact list has pretty much been erased, except for maybe 10 contacts
- My account had to be verified and now my docs are ALL GONE!
- 8 of 10 calendars missing since Saturday morning
- MY EMAIL WAS HACKED AND ALL MY CONTACTS HAVE BEEN DELETED, PLEASE ADVISE HOW I CAN RETRIEVE MY CONTACTS
Spanning Backup users simply don’t have these problems. If something is accidentally deleted or goes missing, they can restore it in just a few seconds.
Add Spanning Backup to your Google Apps domain and try it free for 30 days at http://goo.gl/5ecK.