Welcome to Episode 126! Jeetu Patel is Senior Vice President of Platform and Chief Strategy Officer of Box where he leads the Box Platform organization, driving the strategy of the platform business and developer relations. He also oversees the corporate strategy and development organization for Box. Before joining the company, Patel was General Manager and Chief Executive of EMC’s Syncplicity business unit. Prior to EMC, Patel was president of Doculabs, a research and advisory firm focused on collaboration and content management across a range of industries.
In today’s episode you will learn:
* How Jeetu made his way into the world of SaaS and came to be one of the key executives at Box.
* What are Jeetu’s 3 tips to startup founders looking to build high performing teams? Why does Jeetu believe that team sizes must always remain small? What are the inflection points in team size when dynamics change?
* What does Jeetu argue that founders must pursue really hard problems? What are the benefits of this when hiring new people to the team? How does Jeetu balance between visionary hard problems and unrealistic?
* What does Jeetu mean when he says, “do things that do not scale so you can do things that sustainably scale?” What are some examples of how this has been done effectively? Where do most startups go wrong in scaling sustainably?
60 Second SaaStr
* What does Jeetu believe that most around him do not?
* Fave SaaS reading material?
* Why businesses will find the rules of the future very different to the rules of the past?
Listen on iTunes.
Subscribe to SaaStr on iTunes.
Listen on Google Play Music.
If you would like to find out more about the show and the guests presented, you can follow us on Twitter here:
(Cross-posted @ SaaStr)