It’s an annual ritual. A Workday executive does our readers a favor and shares a curtain raiser on their Rising event, which this year is expected to draw over 10,000 attendees. This time it is Barbry McGann, senior vice president of products. She leads product management for applications including Workday Financial Management, Workday HCM, and Workday Student. Barbry joined Workday in 2015, bringing more than 20 years of experience in product management and strategy. Prior to Workday, Barbry held several key product strategy, product marketing, and executive positions in leading enterprise software companies and start-ups including PeopleSoft, Oracle, and C3.
Barbry, Rising is moving from somewhat conservative Midwestern Chicago to outlandish Las Vegas. Will Dave and Aneel emulate the Flying Elvii? Will Joe Korngiebel have even more bling than usual? Tell me what we can expect.
Well, I think what you can expect is that there won’t be anyone flying or anything crazy like that. It’s really just going to be focused on creating a great opportunity to get our Workday community together and make connections, and learn how to overcome business challenges.
Our theme this year continues to be: “Go Further Together” to highlight that when our product innovation is combined with the power of the collective Workday Community, our customers have the confidence and clarity to take bold action and lead with certainty.
We will share some of where we’re headed. Of course, we’ll have Dave and Aneel kick off the executive keynote like they always do with a real focus on innovation that is driving the company and industry forward, along with their vision for the future of Workday.
· You’ll hear about our advancements in artificial intelligence and machine learning. That will be a big part of what we’re doing, you know, a way to give our customers deeper insights, so they can make better business decisions.
· You’ll also hear about new developments that really illustrate how Workday is the only cloud system that enables customers to plan, execute, analyze, and extend in one secure environment.
· We’ll talk about Adaptive Insights, which we acquired earlier this year, and some exciting product announcements and news that we want to share around that and the progression that we’re making with our Adaptive Insights deployment.
· We’ll also be really focusing on a big topic, Vinnie, that you recommended to Aneel back at the Tech Summit that we really should spend a lot of time on because it’s a differentiator for us, and that’s our data privacy principles. How are we looking at data privacy and protecting data privacy in this new world of artificial intelligence?
· Of course, we’re going to talk about our customer satisfaction success around our goal to have 95% customer satisfaction and reveal our new numbers at Rising, as we always do as part of the keynote.
· We’ll also showcase happy and live customers, highlighting their own stories and how they’re achieving tremendous business value with our products today. They’ll share tips and best practices. Some of the customers presenting include: GE, HP, Panera, Nissan, and Aon. Aon will be discussing their global financial deployment, which I think is really, really exciting.
· We’ll also have a culture imperative keynote, with really good stories from CarMax and Quicken Loans on how they’re investing in culture and how they’ve achieved financial results from this, which really ties together the financial benefits of human resources.
· Finally, as part of giving back, which is really important for us, you’ll be able to swing by and see our Opportunity Onramps booth to get a free, professional headshot and help prepare local jobseekers with onsite resume reviews and interview questions. We’re going to encourage our customers, our partners, employees, and even our analysts to give back to the community by conducting mock interviews with Las Vegas area students and job seekers.
That’s a quick run through of everything.
Obviously, the Adaptive Insights acquisition is going to get a fair amount of attention. Any functional or feature enhancements in HCM or Financials you’re going to announce? Any industry solutions?
What we’re going to stay focused on, as always, is our service-based industries with the regular emphasis on E&G, Healthcare, Financial Services, High Tech, Professional Services, and Hospitality.
You’ll see a lot of how we’re really leveraging the rich data set we have with 31 Million workers under contract to really drive innovation throughout all of our products. There will be some new highlights and key capabilities that we will be announcing, but you will find out more during the conference.
There’ll be a lot, Vinnie. You’re going to be delighted because we didn’t cover a lot of this at the Tech Summit, and so I think that you’ll be really delighted to see how much innovation is occurring.
What about fun stuff? Can’t wait to see what Dave and Aneel pull off in Vegas!
They are going to have some fun things in there but, again, I’m under a gag order that I can’t reveal the fun items. I don’t want to ruin the surprise for you, Vinnie. And we will have other entertainment, for sure. It’ll be someone that you recognize and probably listen to – Imagine Dragons will be playing during our customer appreciation party.
Rising is also moving to a stadium layout at the Mandalay Bay. My innovation blog, New Florence is also looking forward to the creative elements that format brings.
See many of you there! Register here if you want to watch a live stream.
(Cross-posted @ Deal Architect)