Some things just can’t die. Like the zillionth incarnation of what was formerly known as CrunchPad…. then after a messy divorce from TechCrunch became the Joo-Joo (sold a few dozen units), and now it’s back as the Grid 10. I have a funny history with this device.
I was a major advocate of the orginal CrunchPad concept, for a number of reasons:
- revolutionary idea conceived at the pre-iPad age
- great situatiational device
- priced right: sub $300.
Now, how can you expect the same from a no-name company with less known financial background and a lawsuit to deal with? The specs could be marvelous, but you have to ask yourself: who you will trust for service: Apple or JooJoo? And that’s why buying a JooJoo is a huge leap of faith.
- Fusion Garage Grid 10 tablets get $200 price cut (slashgear.com)
- Fusion Garage already dropping Grid 10 price to $299 (electronista.com)
- Fusion Garage Grid 10 tablet price drops to $299 (down from $399) (liliputing.com)