Bill runs a very good show. The sessions are always well prepared, and the event runs like clockwork.
My main session is on SaaS Contracts. Rather provocatively titled,” How not to get ripped off.” I’m combining some deep research from Alexa Bona and my colleagues at Gartner with my experiences over the last 5 years reviewing contracts, and musing on vendor and buyer foibles. Buyers attending the session will leave with a better sense of what to avoid and what to do, and I’m hoping vendors will learn a bit too and maybe squirm a bit. The contracting behaviour of both buyer and seller leaves much room for improvement.
Buyers could learn from this legal document.
If he approve he shall sign it, but if not he shall return it, with his Objections to that House in which it shall have originated
Points if you know where it is from without Googling it.
I’ll also do an expert session on big data. I’m not a big fan of the term, but hey Bill makes up the titles.
Things I’m looking out for at the event as I stroll the floor and attend sessions.
1. Business impact. HCM technologies that bring value to the business beyond the HR department.
2. Algorithms. The real power of analytics isn’t in the chart or the cool graphics. It is in the mathematics.
3. Global stuff, but defined in a way that means something outside of North America. (Big rant brewing on this one).
4. Privacy aware and enhancing technology
5. Disruption in core HRMS
6. Social and mobile in something other than a demo.
7. A box. A magical box.
8. I’ll leave the debates about cloud meteorology to others. I can debate clouds with the best of them. I have an undergrad major in Geography.
I’ll be joined by a couple of other Gartner colleagues. Jeff Freyermuth and Morgan Yeates will be in attendance too.
If you would like to meet with me please contact my assistant, Sharon Gray at Gartner dot com. I will have some slots for meetings, but I’m hoping to spend most of the event outside of a meeting room. Vendors please remember that you can brief me any day of the year. I’m especially keen to meet up with end user clients.
In the spirit of discounting, which you will learn about in my session, I give you my discount deal for the conference.
Just use the Promotion Code OTTER12 (all caps) when you register online www.HRTechConference.com to get $500 off the rack rate of $1,795. The discount does not expire until the conference ends on Oct. 10. This is a final offer so don’t even bother to try and get a better deal on another blog.
(Cross-posted @ Vendorprisey)